Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The makig of...

The process:



First flower of the field. You can see the centre of the other flowers; just thought I should give you a preview…




These are the remaining flowers that will form the field. I used ellipse tool for three (3) of the flowers and pen tool for everything else. As you can see, the smaller petals are in random positions. I wanted to make them each look unique in some way.





Added some leaves and explored the idea of grass. I used quite a bit of copy and cut and paste here…I also tried using the brush and pencil tools to make the grass…




Does this look like a rose to you? Does this look like a rose to you? Well, it does to me and it’s my rose, so if you disagree you can take your opinion and shove it up your –

I used pen tool for this and created a significant amount of sub-layers.



This is how the whole scenery looks with everything in it. I’m thinking of making the rose a bit smaller…

I reduced the rose. Man, the transform tool combined with the shift button makes for one very useful accessory. I have also started the colouring by changing the stroke colour. Oh, and before I forget, let me take the time to say that I used different stroke points ranging from 0.25 to 1.


I’ve added some colour to my work. Beautiful, isn’t it? I used the colour palette and explored the gradient tool. Then, once I found a satisfactory colour I applied to the flowers. I also changed the stroke colours and found this colour that makes the flowers look 3-d-ish…Thank you whoever thought of making the direct selection tool because that made my job easier colouring things quickly and efficiently.


I have finished colouring. I told you it looks like a rose!! All that’s left is the background and a little surprise of my own…


Finished with a brown background for sand (?) and decided to add a little more grass….too much? The ellipse tool was used for the background and its colour was done using gradient.


SURPRISE!!! After much, MUCH practice, I finally learnt how and where to use the flare tool to create my sun effect…thanks to mmy friend now I have to create an actual sky…ksyuh!!

…After much thought and trials (and miserable failure) I have decided a sky is not worth it, besides, what am I supposed to say my reason is? Realism? Pssh, please!!!

The finishing touch is placing my symbol from my first assignment at the bottom right corner.

No comments: